What is Baptism?
What does a Baptism cost?
- £0 cost for the Baptism Service. In addition, the use of the Church, car parking, heating and lighting is free of charge.
- £5 booklet for each Godparent to help them prepare
- £15 for an official Certificate of Baptism
- £45 for a set of personalised, printed, colour booklets for the baptism service. The booklets contain all the words for the service.
- As a gift from the Church, each child will receive a Baptism Candle, a book of prayers and a personalised card with the baptism details on.
Do I need to come to Church?
Do I need to have Godparents?
Do we need to be married?
Do we as parents and godparents need to be Christians?
The Baptism Service
Baptism Services are 2.30pm on Sunday afternoons.
Here at Christ Church, an individual service is conducted for each family. The date you choose from the available dates on offer, is just for you and your family, friends and invited guests. It is a special occasion and one which we work together closely with you to ensure it is a memorable service.
Arranging a Baptism
Give yourself plenty of time, as the process from beginning to the baptism itself can take six months.