The weekend is in full flow with many events and services coming up!
- 11:00 AM TODAY, (men’s 11-a-side football team) CCFC vs Bridge Street Bolton football match at Poolfoot Farm. Apologies to our usual home supporters for last minute notice that it’s now a home match. Supporters welcome!
- 6:00 PM TONIGHT, is the Harvest Supper and Ceilidh. This is now fully booked for those wishing to have a hot pot and apple pie. If you’d still like to come and are happy not to have food or are willing to bring your own, the cost is £5 without food – just turn up and pay on the night.
- 10:00 AM TOMORROW. Our Harvest Festival service takes place tomorrow. The morning services will be combined. Please invite family, friends, neighbours, as we gather to give thanks to God for all his goodness. Food donations will be brought forward during the service.
- 5:00 PM TOMORROW, is the Lighthouse Heroes Party at Treehouse. Children, young people and their families are invited to the annual Lighthouse Heroes Party tomorrow, Come dressed as your favourite Hero, but please no spooky costumes!
- 6:00 PM TOMORROW is the Sanctuary Youth Group.
Our focus in the Sunday morning service is on the Bible reading, Matthew 22.34–46 (Church Bible page 828). You can read it online HERE.
ORDER OF SERVICE
For the 10:00 AM service is available HERE.
——————————-SOME ACTIVITIES PAUSED
Due to volunteer and staff holidays, various activities are paused for or after half term. These are:
- Tuesday Night Growth Group will resume on 7th November 7:45 PM – 9:00 PM. Monday Night and Wednesday Morning Growth Groups continue as normal.
- Playhouse @ Thornton Cleveleys Football Club will resume as normal 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM on Tuesday 7th November.
- Flourish Women’s Bible Study will resume on Tuesday 14th November, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM at Chris Hartley’s house. The group will be looking at a selection of Psalms in the run up to Christmas.
- Move & Chat is paused until Friday 1st December.
- Family Teatime Cookery Classes will resume on Friday 10th November 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM.
Congratulations to 9 children/young people who have received their Gold Award at Treehouse! This means they have attended Church at least 44 times in the last year! As a special thank you to them and to say well done, the children and youth leaders and Damian and Andrew will be taking them for a day out to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It will take place on Saturday 4th November, leaving Church at 9:30 AM and returning at 6:30 PM. Parents are also welcome to come on the trip.
*Please can the parents of the children and young people going let Damian know confirmation this weekend they will be attending. Parents/carers are welcome too.*
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE PERSECUTED CHURCH
You are invited to join an evening of prayer to mark the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church on Sunday 5 November between 7:00 PM and 8:30 PM in the Community Centre. We will be listening to a live event which includes stories from Nigeria, Nicaragua and imprisoned believers and have the opportunity to pray together for Christians who courageously risk everything to follow Jesus. Please come and join us – you don’t need to pray aloud.
There will be members of other Churches joining us and refreshments will be served on arrival. If you can’t attend but like to watch the event please register on line at opendoorsuk.org/idop
If you require further information please contact Martin.
We’ll be welcoming the Chapel Choir of Rossall School for Choral Evensong on Monday 13th November at 7:00 PM in Church.
CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR
Taking place in the Community Centre Hall on Saturday 25th November from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
We’re looking forward to hosting an Advent Concert on Thursday 30th November at 7:30 PM. We’ll be hosting once again Christian singer-songwriters Yvonne Lyon, Gareth Davies-Jones and David Lyon as they bring you an evening of live acoustic seasonal music.
Please book tickets in advance, costing £7.50 adult, £4.00 child. Click HERE to book.
CHRISTMAS DAY COMMUNITY DINNER 2023
Delicious Food,Friendship, and Joy
We are looking forward to hosting a joy filled afternoon on Monday 25th December from 1:00 PM onwards in the Community Centre Hall. The meal is for anyone who might benefit from having company on Christmas Day. Enjoy a proper Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings, followed of course by pudding, cake, and cheese and biscuits! There will be a quiz and live music.
There is no charge for any of the food or the activities. God gave the generous gift of Jesus at the first Christmas. We believe in sharing the generous love of God with anyone who would like to receive it.
Booking is essential. Please sign up HERE.
CHRISTMAS PAN-TIVITY: HERALD OF HEROD
The one who is born to be king, in Bethlehem of Judea? “Oh no he isn’t!” says Herod. “Oh yes he is!” The Three peculiar Magi have appeared in the Royal Palace, talking of the birth of a potential rival King! The cruel King Herod is keen to unravel this mystery. For Harry the humble Herald, this is the chance of a lifetime… to embark upon an epic quest and be noticed by the King!
Join us free of charge at 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM on Monday 4th December for our Panto-Nativity (Pantivity) presented by 4Front Theatre. Bring your family, invite your friends, and come and join the fun!
AUTUMN, ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS
We have been planning our worship, special activities and events for Autumn, Advent and Christmas. For a preview of what’s taking place, please click HERE (with corrections since its last issue). Printed leaflets will be made available and will be distributed in Church, the Community Centre and to homes around the Parish.
Damian & Andrew