Dear Church Community,
Welcome to this week’s news email. As well as the usual activities next week, we have two special events on Tuesday and Wednesday, with members of Rossall School joining us for a lunchtime concert (Tuesday) and Choral Evensong (Wednesday).
We’re in the final stages of producing our Christmas Leaflet to be posted through the letterboxes in our community. If you can help deliver the leaflets, please do speak to John Hearnshaw who will be coordinating the leaflet drop. We hope to post around 2,500 leaflets in the local community. Even if you can just do the houses on your street, that will be a great help – just speak to John.
Tomorrow is the last Sunday of the Church year – “Christ the King” Sunday, the dedication festival for Christ Church. It is also Vision Sunday and will include a presentation about Burn Naze and a shorter sermon on Jeremiah 23.1-6. A week on Sunday it is Advent! On Advent Sunday we’ll be welcoming back Rev’d Steve Haskett, who will be updating us on the ministry of the Life Association in India. Steve and Lisa have just returned from a visit to some of the projects in India, meaning we can hear first-hand of the beautiful life-changing work taking place.
Let us look forward to gathering tomorrow to worship Christ Jesus our King, Shepherd, and Saviour…
The services and activities on Sunday 20th November are:
- 9:00 AM Traditional (Book of Common Prayer) Service of Holy Communion (with refreshments afterwards)
- 10:00 AM Bible Course (with refreshments, in the Pilgrim’s Rest Chapel)
- 10:00 AM Meadows Books open (until 10:45 AM)
- 11:00 AM Contemporary Service of Holy Communion LIVE streamed(with refreshments afterwards)
- 12:15 PM Meadows Books’ open (until 12:45 PM)
- 5:00 PM Treehouse Informal Family Worship Service (with refreshments on arrival)
- 5:15 PM Clubhouse for primary school-aged children (in the Community Centre Hall)
- 5:15 PM Warehouse for young people (in the Pilgrim’s Rest Chapel)
If you’re unable to attend due to health and mobility, please be assured we continue to livestream our main 11:00 AM service. It can be viewed on our YouTube channel HERE and our Facebook channel HERE.
The passage we will be looking at in the service is Jeremiah 23.1-6 (Church Bible page 650). You can read the passage online HERE.
PRINTED ORDER OF SERVICE
If you prefer a paper copy of the 11:00 AM order of service you can download and print using this link HERE.
LUNCHTIME CONCERT WITH ROSSALL SCHOOL
The lunchtime concert will be on Tuesday 22nd November. We will once again be welcoming students from Rossall School who will be performing from 1:45 PM to 2:15 PM in Church. All are welcome. Hot drinks and sandwiches will be available from 1:15 PM.
CHORAL EVENSONG WITH ROSSALL SCHOOL CHAPEL CHOIR
The Chapel Choir of Rossall School are visiting Christ Church for a service of Choral Evensong on Wednesday 23rd November. The service starts at 7:00 PM and will last in the region of 35 minutes. All are welcome to this beautiful opportunity to worship.
LAST OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE ADVENT CALENDARS!
Available in the Meadows Books, the ‘real’ advent calendars include chocolates behind each window and a booklet telling the real story of Christmas. These are brilliant gifts for children and grandchildren.
BURN NAZE PRAYER WALK
We hold gatherings for prayer in preparation for the future launching of activities and a congregation in Burn Naze.
Dates for December Burn Naze Prayer meetings have been planned; please do join us! Prayer walks will go ahead in the rain; please dress appropriately!
- 6:00 PM Tuesday 22nd November prayer meeting in the Chancel
- 3:15 PM Monday 28th November prayer walk. Meet at the site of the old Burn Naze Pub. Contact Andrew if you need a lift.
- 8:30 AM Friday 9th December prayer for Thornton Primary School in Church, ahead of their Christingle service.
- 7:00 PM Friday 16th December prayer meeting at Mags and Gwen’s house in Burn Naze. Please try to car share.
- 2:00 PM Thursday 22nd December Elves’ Burn Naze Prayer in Church. Come to pray – stay to make Christingle kits!
Please continue to pray for Burn Naze over the Christmas period. Prayer meetings will resume in mid-January!
CHRISTMAS DAY MEAL
We are looking forward to hosting a joy filled afternoon in the Community Centre Hall. Arrivals will be from 12:30 PM, ready to eat at 1:00 PM. There will be a proper Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings, followed of course by pudding, cake, and cheese and biscuits. There will be a quiz and live music. People will be heading home around 3:45 PM to 4:00 PM. The meal is for anyone who might benefit from having company on Christmas Day. To book your place or to book for someone else, do please get in touch. Lifts or taxis can be arranged.