Dear Church Community,
Good evening and blessings from Christ Church Thornton. Tonight’s email is a brief one. More emails will follow over the weekend/next week about upcoming events and news…
The services on Sunday 4th September are:
- 9:00 AM Traditional (Book of Common Prayer) Service of Holy Communion (with refreshments afterwards)
- 11:00 AM Contemporary Service of Holy Communion LIVE streamed (with refreshments afterwards)
- 5:00 PM ‘Treehouse’ Informal Family Worship Service (with refreshments on arrival)
If you’re unable to attend due to health and mobility, please be assured we continue to livestream our main 11:00 AM service. It can be viewed on our YouTube channel HERE and our Facebook channel HERE. You can download and print the order of service and bring it along with you if you wish to. Click HERE if so. Our focus on Sunday is on the Bible Reading: Philemon 1-25 (Church Bible page 1000).
At the 11:00 AM service we’ll be saying ‘farewell’ to Harry Platt, as he sets off to University in Leeds to study songwriting.
Thank you to everybody who has come along to a Burn Naze prayer meeting or walk, or who has been praying on their own. We’re continuing to pray, with an opportunity to pray together each week in September at different times of the week, and in different places. Why not choose one or two that you could come along to this month?
- Wednesday 7th September 7:00 PM – Prayer meeting in the Community Centre Hall
- Friday 16th September 7:00 PM – Prayer meeting at Gwen & Mag’s house (Email email@example.com) if you plan to come to arrange car sharing as parking is limited)
- Tuesday 20th September 7:00 PM – Prayer meeting in the Community Centre Hall
- Tuesday 27th September 2:00 PM – Daytime Prayer Walk. Meet at 2pm in the Church car park if you need or can give a lift, or meet at 2:15p PM by the site of the Burn Naze Pub.
I’m delighted to announce that the Chapel Choir of Rossall School and their Director of Music are coming to do a Choral Evensong at Christ Church Thornton. This is at 7:00 PM on Wednesday 14th September. It will be followed by the opening of our Christian Book and Gift Shop at 7:30 PM. This date has been chosen carefully for these two events, as it is the anniversary of the rebuilding and consecration of the Nave in 1963.
Well, sort of – it’s in September! We’re having another day to blitz our worship space – wiping, dusting, polishing, vacuuming. It’s on Saturday 17th September, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Please bring your own dusters, cloths, polishes, detergents, vacuums (and extension leads), brushes, mops and buckets, etc. If at all possible, please let us know you are coming for catering and planning purposes – please email Martin Ormond, the Parish Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE TO FOLLOW…
In a further email over the weekend/next week, news to follow about:
- Youth Town Hall on Sunday 18th September
- Brass Band Concert on Friday 23rd September
- Art & Craft Fayre on Saturday 1st October
- Rainbows and Brownies – moving to Thornton Methodist Church
- Hospitality Volunteers needed in the Community Centre
- And anything else I’ve missed!