You are most welcome to worship at Christ Church Thornton!
Every Sunday we have two in-person services.
...and every Sunday we LIVE stream to Facebook, YouTube and this Website.
Our current service pattern is:
All services last 60 minutes.
Most services are services of Holy Communion.
Please read the following arrival procedures...
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of the service.
- Please do not make conversation with or pass anything to a Churchwarden or other volunteer on arrival (for your protection and their protection).
- Arrival will take place via the Hall entrance.
On arrival, please approach the Hall entrance having already put on your face covering, rather than arrive at the entrance and then put it on.
- Please observe the floor stickers, use hand sanitiser and use the NHS app if you have it.
Face coverings should be worn at all times (visors on their own are not sufficient). They can be removed during holy communion and you will be offered hand gel immediately after removing it so that your hands are sanitised before receiving holy communion in your hands.
- In light of the increased transmission of the virus, if you have an exemption from wearing a face covering, please make contact with me and I will seek to make arrangements for an area of seating for you which keeps you and others even safer.
- Exiting the building will happen through the front doors and funeral doors.
- DO NOT attend if you have any symptoms which could be deemed to be associated with COVID-19.
- DO NOT attend if you have been asked to isolate by the NHS or other authorities.
- DO NOT attend if you know you have been in recent contact with someone who has subsequently tested positive for the virus (but NHS track and trace haven’t got around to contacting you yet).
- Please do not attend if you have a seasonal cold or cough, as coughing and sneezing is a way the virus can be transmitted more effectively by those who have the virus but are asymptomatic and don’t realise it.